My Nokia 6680 had exhausted empty battery for a few weeks (needed unlock code ;)) When I tried to switch it on, I was surprised – it wont boot, no screen blinking, not a single sign of life! Battery wont charge (well it won`t show any charging indicator). But as I have Nokia charger with LED light in it, I can see the charger blink when I attach it to the cellphone – some hope for getting it back working without taking it to service ;) So I remembered the hard reset code for N6680 (or any other bb5 nokia) and gave it a try – guess what, my phone was back from the grave :)
This is not battery problem, its software. You might get into ay software problem and this could be a solution. But still, if your battery is exhausted, plug in the charger. Here`s the deal:
- Make sure your battery is not empty.
- Backup your personal data to your computer or an MMC storage card.
- Switch-off your Nokia 6680 (if it is bootable)
- Press and hold 3 keys; Green dial key, * Star key, no. 3 key on keypad and then press the power on/off to switch on the Nokia 6680.
- Remember, do not let go the 3 press and hold keys until you see the formatting screen.
- After a few minutes when the process is over, your Nokia 6680 will be back to the original delivered system.
By entering the code I was kinda sure that all my settings, apps and storage would be wiped, but everything was in its place, just the theme settings and similar needed adjustments.
But anyway, these BB5 Nokias have a weak software and cras all the time. The lag sometimes is annoying, so I`m really considering in buying Sony-Ericsson`s K800 with it`s 3.2 megapixel camera, but still the Symbian OS has developed a good base and has a lot of devoted software out there.